The Best Travel Dress. Ever.
You know I am super picky about my work-out clothes and I have a similar attitude about some travel gear. I love a good travel dress since they are cute, casual, & feminine. Sometimes after a long day of hiking it just feels plain old good to put on a dress.
Key Features I Look For in a Travel Dress:
1. Doesn’t wrinkle- Self explanatory I think! I want a dress that I can ball up in a backpack and put it on for dinner.
2. Can be worn more than once without having to be washed- Sort of like #1. You know how some outfits get stretched out or wrinkle really easily which require more frequent washing & drying? Yea, I don’t want that in a travel dress. I want something that can get 2-3 + uses.
3. Can be mixed & matched with different accessories to look like a new dress- This is where I factor in color/pattern. A plain, solid, neutral color can be made to look very different with different shoes, sweaters, & accessories. There are a ton of cute patterned “active wear” dresses but if I were to only invest in one, I would choose a solid color.
4. Could be casual or dressy- I want to be able to wear a dress as a beach cover-up or out for a nice dinner.
5. Has a built in bra- Crucial for me. Depending on the type of travel you do, space and weight of your luggage is very limited. I don’t want to have to pack a special strapless bra to wear with a dress.
6. Moisture wicking material- Similar to my qualification for work-out gear. When I was in the Grand Canyon last summer you literally start sweating the second you step outside. I could essentially go swimming in this Best Travel Dress Ever and you would never know unless you gave me a hug. Also useful if you tend to be spontaneous and adventurous. You never know when you will want to go wading in a river, wearing a dress…
7. Flattering- Obviously! I don’t want to feel like the dress is too tight or I’m going to be re-adjusting it constantly.
Here is the Best Travel Dress. Ever.
Worn with simple flat sandals. Don’t mind the wet hair. This dress has been folded up for a week.
Nice detail in the back.
Worn with wedges & a sweater.
The possibilities are endless. I would even hike in this dress if I had to. I would just slip on a pair of leggings or compression shorts underneath. I’m not wearing any jewelry here but I normally put on a cute necklace. Maybe a cute colorful scarf & a sweater?
Have any secret travel tips?